I offer private “technology office hours” to help with topics such as Python, Linux, Git, and other tech that comes up in the data science workflow. These sessions are held over video call, and you may bring specific questions (including code that you need help with) or general topics you’d like me to explain and discuss.
My rate is $100 an hour, billed in 30-minute chunks. For new clients, the first 30 minutes are free. You decide whether the help is valuable enough to continue. To schedule a session, contact me by email: email@example.com
Below are some areas where I can offer guidance. I may be able to cover topics beyond this list, but be sure to inquire first.
- Python itself: core features, tips & tricks, deep internals
- Data science libraries: Pandas, Numpy, etc.
- Basic web development
- Package development and deployment
- Properly testing your code: unit and integration tests
- “Productionizing” your projects
- Basics: what is it and how to get started
- Branches, forks, merging, rebasing, cherry picks, pull requests
- Understanding the Git history
- Using the Git Flow strategy to collaborate effectively within teams
- The development ecosystem
- Using the Linux command line effectively
- Managing finite resources (CPU and memory), including in shared environments
- The Unix toolkit: grep, sed, awk, the pipe, etc.
- Basics of containers and Docker
- Other technologies
- Relational Databases
- Continuous Integration/Continous Deployment
- Cloud Computing (depending on the specific topic)