Python for Data Science Bootcamp
The Python for Data Science Bootcamp is one-day training, beginning at 8am and finishing at 5pm or a little earlier. The bootcamp uses the materials from my Intro to Python for Data Science repository.
If you are looking for information on the associated course, click here.
- Develop comprehensive skills in the importing/exporting, wrangling, aggregating and joining of data using Python.
- Establish a mental model of the Python programming language to enable future self-learning.
- Build awareness and basic skills in the core data science area of data visualization.
I try to limit pre-work as much as possible, but having Python, Jupyter, and the relevant packages installed is an unavoidable necessity. Below are instructions to do so via Anaconda (a popular Python distribution):
- Visit the Anaconda download page
- Select your appropriate operating system
- Click the “Download” button for Python 3.7 - this will begin to download the Anaconda installer
- Open the installer when the download completes, and then follow the prompts. If you are prompted about installing PyCharm, elect not to do so.
- Once installed, open the Anaconda Navigator and launch a Jupyter Notebook to ensure it works.
- Follow the package installation instructions to ensure pandas and seaborn packages are installed.
|8:00-8:15||Introduction of Your Instructor; Overview of the Day’s Agenda|
|8:15-8:45||Basics of Python and Jupyter||Notebook 1|
|8:45-9:30||Python Fundamentals||Notebook 2|
|9:30-10:15||The Mental Model of Python||Notebook 3|
|10:30-11:00||Importing and Exporting Data||Notebook 4, Notebook 11|
|11:00-11:45||Selecting and Filtering Data||Notebook 5|
|1:15-2:00||Manipulating Columns||Notebook 6|
|2:00-3:00||Summarizing Data||Notebook 8|
|3:15-4:15||Summarizing Data by Group||Notebook 9|
|4:15-5:00||Questions, Discussion, and Review|